Benefits of PT/INR Patient Self Testing
Self testing your PT/INR level at home has many advantages over testing in a lab or doctor's office.
- Covered by Medicare & Insurance - 52 self tests per year for patients with Chronic Atrial Fibrillation, Mechanical Heart Valves, Primary
Hypercoaguable State, and Venous Thromboembolism: Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) & Pulmonary Embolism (PE)
- Convenience — Eliminates need to test at doctor's office or lab. Self test during natural disasters or national emergencies, and inclement
weather. From home or wherever you are, you'll be empowered to perform the exact same PT/INR test your doctor would perform. Turning Point Diagnostics relays your results to you
- Fast and Accurate — It takes about 5 minutes to self test.
- Simple Fingerstick — With self testing, you simply provide a small drop of blood from a fingerstick without the need to draw blood from a
- Fewer Medical Complications — Clinical studies have shown more frequent PT/INR testing lowers the risk of serious medical complications like stroke
- Quick Adjustments — When you self test on a weekly basis, your doctor will find out if your PT/INR level is out of the safe range more quickly than
if you tested monthly at a lab or office. This means your doctor can make adjustments to your medication — and get you back into the safe range — much more quickly with self testing.